Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Wondering about Moser 9inch...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wondering about Moser 9inch...

I see on ls1speed.com that they offer a Moser 9 inch rear-end setup for close to 2300 with the TCS/ABS upgrade. My question is as follows. The detroit locker upgrade...

How much more power can the locker handle vs the Posi, AND is the detroit locker streetable? Will street driving damage it?

Also, Is this kit basically a bolt-up replacement, or will i have to do fabrication to connect it to the stock suspension componets??? (stock lca's, panhard bar, tq arm, sway bar)

Kinda a powertrain/suspension newb, so any info would be appreciated!
Old 03-30-2006, 05:59 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can get you a Moser 9 inch with ABS/TCS for $2,400 shipped. The Truetrak is a stout unit, I would recommend it over the Locker. We have had too many problems with the Lockers, that I try not to sell one. I'd either go with the Truetrak or a spool.
You will need two 3.00" muffler clamps to remount the sway bar. You only use the U bolt part of the clamp, and ream out the bottom brackets of your factory sway bar. A Napa 240-0447 U Joint is required to remount the stock driveshaft, as it uses a 1310 yoke, where the Moser comes with a beefier 1350 yoke. Stock driveshaft length is retained. The stock torque arm, or any aftermarket torque arm can be used. Bob
Old 03-30-2006, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
I can get you a Moser 9 inch with ABS/TCS for $2,400 shipped. The Truetrak is a stout unit, I would recommend it over the Locker. We have had too many problems with the Lockers, that I try not to sell one. I'd either go with the Truetrak or a spool.
You will need two 3.00" muffler clamps to remount the sway bar. You only use the U bolt part of the clamp, and ream out the bottom brackets of your factory sway bar. A Napa 240-0447 U Joint is required to remount the stock driveshaft, as it uses a 1310 yoke, where the Moser comes with a beefier 1350 yoke. Stock driveshaft length is retained. The stock torque arm, or any aftermarket torque arm can be used. Bob
thanks for the info! im still saving, but i will definetly keep that in mind...by muffler clamps, the u-bolt style clamps? How much is the new U joint?

Last edited by natronathon; 03-30-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not to hijack but I've got the 31 spline soft locker and have been very happy with it. What are the problems you have encountered? I have beat hell out of mine . Pro Stock John has used one for years running 9.xx at 143 mph.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:22 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by natronathon
thanks for the info! im still saving, but i will definetly keep that in mind...by muffler clamps, the u-bolt style clamps? How much is the new U joint?
Yes, the U Bolt clamps. The U Joint is $32.00, and it is a 1310/1350 combo. Bob
Old 03-31-2006, 04:25 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Exclamation

Originally Posted by bigdsz
Not to hijack but I've got the 31 spline soft locker and have been very happy with it. What are the problems you have encountered? I have beat hell out of mine . Pro Stock John has used one for years running 9.xx at 143 mph.
We had had several of them cause the cars to become unsettled when getting off of the gas when driving in a straight line. I have heard similiar complaints from other people on here about the Lockers as well. Bob