Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

C-clip Eliminator on 10 Bolt with TCS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C-clip Eliminator on 10 Bolt with TCS?

Hey guys, I'm looking at upgrading my 10-bolt. But, from the way that I have seen c-clip eliminators installed, it does not look like you can use them on rear ends with the tcs rings on the axels (4 channel). Can someone clarify for me if you can use c-clip eliminators on a 4 channel. Also, is there any need to put Moser hardened axels in it, is it really worth the extra money? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

You can put in the axles in but not the c-clip eliminators.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C-clips are useless, unsafe and are only a bandaid to the idea of correctly setting up a differential. Not to mention, C-clips were never meant to be driven on the street. Sure there are (as we hear) "lots of people running them".... and I am sure there are. But why waste your money on some thing that isnt going to help your differential live longer ??

And..... you guessed it. They will not allow the use of the exciter ring on the axle.

Is it worth installing real, purpose built, street worthy parts (meaning, not going the c-clip elim kit) ?? Is your safety and the safety of everone else on the road worth the extra money ?? That ones pretty easy.....yes.

Do you need moser axles ?? Probably not. What you need is a differential that is bigger than 7.5"....

Dealing with the ABS and tractioncontrol, you are very limited, until you step up into some real parts.... but those parts however, are not cheap. If I were going to do replacement axles..... it wouldnt start with the 7.5" housing. Your money is better spent else where.

Good aftermarket gear set, set-up correctly and an Eaton. Maybe one of those cool-guy, and just as usleless, girdle covers. Its a 7.5". Its gonna fail and its never been a question of "if"..... it will always be a question of when.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:04 AM
11 Second Club

The only money that should be thrown at your rearend, is to up grade to a 12 bolt.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chicane
...Maybe one of those cool-guy, and just as usleless, girdle covers...
I just dig em for the easy drain and fill plugs!

Don't waste money on your 10 bolt, really. Maybe you are thinking it will be better money-wise since you can spend a couple hundred at a time to do different things instead of putting up the 2 grand, but you want to do it right the first time. The only money I put into my 10 bolt is gears, about 500 bucks with labor, and now my posi is breaking. You think I'm gonna drop 600 bucks for a new posi, + labor just to get that fixed? HELL NO, I'm going to just save a little while and get something I can't break.

If you do the swap to 12 bolt before yor 10 bolt breaks, you may never fully appreciate it, but if you don't, you'll likely regret it.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Thanks for everyone's input.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FunkyTownFBody
I just dig em for the easy drain and fill plugs!

You do make a very good point....

Quick Reply: C-clip Eliminator on 10 Bolt with TCS?