Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

how much power can the stock rear end hold?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 08:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Issuses

Does any one know how much power the stock rear end can hold? I know with my car being an a4 it can hold more then a 6spd car could, but at what point should i upgrade to a 12 bolt?

There is another guy here with a forged motor, bolt ons, and a custom ground cam runnin 10.50's on the spray with a stock rear end. Is that just pure luck or is he full of ****? i know the cars that fast im wonderin if hes full of **** about which rear end is in it.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's possible It seems to be hit or miss with the stock 10 bolt. Some will hold alot of power and some pop with just boltons. I still have my stock rear, I'm hopeing it will stay together to have it tuned I'm shooting for 600+ at the wheels. A 12 bolt is going in asap after I get it tuned and final details worked out. If you have the money I'd get the 12 bolt then you wont have any worries about how much power you feed it.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok cool thanks, the guy who i do most of my performance business with is don polk out of lr, ive got a th400 with a 3800 and line lock goin inj the car the week after next. I guess ill just go ahead and get a 12 bolt and a set of 3.73's and been safe. We're hoping to make some sick freaking power with this car, ill keep every one posted soon the 402 will be finished and i can finally say i finished something to some extent that i started.

i think im gonna wash it and post pics today if i can talk some one out of there camera for a few hours...