Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Loud noise please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud noise please help!!!!

I just had 373's installed and everthing is fine and sounds good until i let off the gas and let the car slow down itself and then its a really loud sound like something is rubbing or something but it has to be in the rearend cause it did not do this before i had them installed friday...
Old 06-04-2006, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like gears are not set up properly. I cant remember exatly, but I think to much pinion depth will cause gear whine on decel. So I would have them recheck the setup, I dont think it is just right.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Launching!

thats what i was thinking or the backlash was not set up corretctly i will just send it back monday i guess and thanks
Old 06-05-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

where do u go to get something like that checked? or what do u say? i have the same problem (srry didnt mean to steal thread) except i bought the car used so i dont know if there are different gears or anything different from stock
Old 06-05-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by phillyz28
where do u go to get something like that checked? or what do u say? i have the same problem (srry didnt mean to steal thread) except i bought the car used so i dont know if there are different gears or anything different from stock
Most 4x4 or transmission places will be have a tech who will be in the know.
Try and find a place that does standard transmissions not just autos. You could get lucky and find a regular shop that will do it right, but I doubt it.

Rear-end work is not something that comes in everyday. Ask them stuff like backlash, pinion depth, gear pattern..etc. If they say we'll just fix it, take your business elsewhere. Good Luck.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

ok... i just wish i had a better idea of what i was talkin about