Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

I think you guys just talked me outta of this

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think you guys just talked me outta of this

Everything i read here about putting a 410 in the car is scaring the hell outta me. I didnt know that i needed a paddle kit for starters ,,,,,, some guys so you dont. Know i am not sure about the abs working will i need a different relutor gear. And other guys are telling me that i am just gonna flat *** break the thing ! Some one sit down and take the time here that has this setup in a m 6 car with no traction contol talk to me !
Old 04-10-2007, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, you can modify your stock paddle to fit. If you're doing only the gear swap, the ABS should work fine. As far as the breaking goes, the 10 bolt is not going to hold much no matter what gears you have.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jrp1978
Everything i read here about putting a 410 in the car is scaring the hell outta me. I didnt know that i needed a paddle kit for starters ,,,,,, some guys so you dont. Know i am not sure about the abs working will i need a different relutor gear. And other guys are telling me that i am just gonna flat *** break the thing ! Some one sit down and take the time here that has this setup in a m 6 car with no traction contol talk to me !
Well, most of your questions are covered in the Rear end FAQ and also the 'when will my 10 bolt break' thread at the top of this forum, you might want to start there.