Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

So.. i think my driveshaft just shat on me...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So.. i think my driveshaft just shat on me...

Well... i just got home from G11, and on the way home i kinda noticed something hittin the area under the center console and all the way back next to the rear seats. Now after gettin home, i took off through 1st, 2nd, 3rd, then right when i hit fourth, somethin just popped and everythin was rattling and it definetly sounded like something was just spinning around. I just wanted to confirm that it was my driveshaft... I'll get under and look tomorrow, but i'm kinda pissed about it and just wanna make sure its probably nothin else...
Old 05-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Launching!

If it was a stock driveshaft, I would suggest a slightly bigger aftermarket one. No sense in getting another driveshaft that will break (that means no aluminum or carbon fiber). You could try one of those, but no sense in wasting $400 if you break it. Although, Exotic Performance Plus has a 3.5" aluminum driveshaft for $400 with a lifetime warrantee that is rated at 1200hp... that may be worth the risk.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:09 AM
TECH Resident

Do you have a DS loop on the car?