Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Can get a 4 channel rear, but mine is 3 series! Gimme Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 11:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can get a 4 channel rear, but mine is 3 series! Gimme Suggestions

Hey all,
Like the title says, I can get my hands on a 24k mile 3.42 rear out of a 2000 WS6 for about $300. I have 2.73's in my Z28 now. But here is the problem, my car doesnt have traction control, the new rear does. I have not purchased the rear yet, but I am curious as to what to do about the difference in the channels. I understand that the 4 channel has sensors at each end of the axle near the brakes, and the 3 channel has the sensor on top of the pumpkin. I read the sticky that tells how you can remove the gears and precisely drill the pumpkin to convert the 4 channel to 3, but that is too much work for me to consider. Is there any other alternative to making this 4 channel work with my 3? Maybe something electronically such as an AND gate or something that I can use to combine the two sensors electrically? I don't want this to be ghetto rigged either, I want it done right. Please give your opinion as to tackle this, or to wait for the right 3 series rear to come my way. Thanks for your insight.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Regular

https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axles/617761-converting-4-channel-3-w-pics.html

ITS the very first post at the top of the page Highlighted with a nasty yellow out line!!! Look at the STICKYS!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

That was what I wasn't trying to do. Too much work, guess I am stuck with this damn 2.73.