Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

more 9 in trouble

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more 9 in trouble

ok ok, so i got my axles back today from the shop where i had them press off the old bearings and put my ls1 e brake and brake barackets on and press on the new bearings. i get home put the axles in, fill it up, and it is hard to turn the axles.... almost as if it is too tight on where the 4 t bolts hold in the axle. wtf did i do wrong? there is a slight space on both sides in between the end of the axle tube, and the back of the e brake bracket.... could i just put washers under it and see if that fixes it? also, they did remove the old lt1 brake brackets AND the spacers.... so any ideas? also it doesn't seem to want to line up the holes on my traling arms.... do i just need adjustable ones?
Old 12-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welll after messing with it this morning i realized that the ebrake bracket is pressing against the bearings, not letting the axle turn easily. so im just gona put washers between the housing tube end, and bracket. as far as the trailing arms, **** it... im gona get an adjustable torque arm and fix all that ****. the stock one is gay anyways. any recomendations on what brand to get? i've been looking at nothing but relocated ones, such as BMR's, UMI's and so on.