Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

So I sprung my First LEAK need HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So I sprung my First LEAK need HELP!!!!

So I just sprung my first leak. I have a Lingenfelter T/A cover and a stock 10 bolt. I noticed that it was leaking out the bottom of the housing a couple of weeks ago and its getting worse. I know this is not normal I only have 22xxx miles on my car and how hard is it to change the gasket outor is it the gasket. I was thinking of doin it myself but i really dont have any tools they were stolen a month ago. Any info would be greatful thanks........BB........SVTKILR
Old 12-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Is it coming from the cover gasket or the pinion seal? If its the cover gasket, sealing it back up is easy. Pinion seal is a little more in depth.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Launching!

It looks like its coming out the cover gasket..But if it is the pinion seal what can I expect in labor price wise......thanks....BB....svtkilr
Old 12-11-2007, 12:41 AM
FormerVendor

If it is the cover all you have to do is unbolt the cover, clean the gasket surface and make sure the surface is free from oil and debris. We typically will seal it with a silicone sealant as the gaskets will tend to leak more often. If the pinion seal is leaking you can expect to pay in the general area of around $200.00 parts and labor. Hope this helps.

Jeff
Old 12-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jawsgear
If it is the cover all you have to do is unbolt the cover, clean the gasket surface and make sure the surface is free from oil and debris. We typically will seal it with a silicone sealant as the gaskets will tend to leak more often. If the pinion seal is leaking you can expect to pay in the general area of around $200.00 parts and labor. Hope this helps.

Jeff
Thanks for the info Jaws. Iam gonna start wrenching this weekend I got some tools finally .........BB........SVTKILR
Old 12-13-2007, 12:55 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Benny Blanco
Thanks for the info Jaws. Iam gonna start wrenching this weekend I got some tools finally .........BB........SVTKILR
No Problem.