Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

When I get a 12 bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default When I get a 12 bolt?

My pops spent about a $grand$ rebuilding my r/e about 4 years ago when i was in college. It was then I found out that the r/e was not even a limited slip. The r/e is giving me some problems, and ive decided ima get a 12 bolt this time. The prob is I dont know what options to get as far as splines, 3 or 4 channel setup, etc. My car is a 98 T/A automatic, any responses would greatly be appreciated.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would call Bob at EPP or one of the other sponsors on here. Because I have an auto LT1 I got a Moser 12 bolt with 33 spline axles, detroit tru trac, 3.73's, 3 channel and the performance cover. I love it!
Old 12-11-2007, 10:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackedOut LS1
My pops spent about a $grand$ rebuilding my r/e about 4 years ago when i was in college. It was then I found out that the r/e was not even a limited slip. The r/e is giving me some problems, and ive decided ima get a 12 bolt this time. The prob is I dont know what options to get as far as splines, 3 or 4 channel setup, etc. My car is a 98 T/A automatic, any responses would greatly be appreciated.
Let me know what you are looking for and what your plans are for your car. We can definately take care of you.

Jeff
Old 12-14-2007, 04:40 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BlackedOut LS1
If you have a traction control switch on the dash, then you have ABS/TCS (4 channel)

I would go for the Moser 9 inch which is stronger than the 12 bolts, and the price is virtually the same.
$2,500.00 shipped for a Moser nine inch with Truetrac, 31 spline axles, ABS/TCS with reusing your 10 bolts exciter rings. This rear is set up to bolt into your car. Check out this link here.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=145 Bob