Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 11:45 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jetaws6
Anyone know about the 1/2 studs on summit stars? The stock ones were tight getting the tire iron in there
You should be using a ratchet and a socket and finish tightening them up with a torque wrench around 80 foot pounds for 1/2 studs. A tire iron has way to big of a head for after market wheels.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Eric, my Fab9 is doing great! but my ugly stock sway bar needs to go. Can you shoot me the price for a ARB in red? I want your new bolt-on version. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2011, 12:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got word another 4 weeks ESTIMATE before mine is done. ordered April 30 so nearly 15-16 weeks. what a bummer, expecially since the car is just sitting on stands waiting.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mterveen
just got word another 4 weeks ESTIMATE before mine is done. ordered April 30 so nearly 15-16 weeks. what a bummer, expecially since the car is just sitting on stands waiting.
That makes me sad I ordered mine early June. Its a good way to keep miles off the car though lol
Old 07-14-2011, 01:14 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Thumbs up

This is a custom built rear end and is stated this when purchasing it from us. We build them per order as we get them and go down the list as the orders were taken. There is no secret we have a longer time frame but that is also because we take pride in our work and put out the best rear end on the market at the lowest price possible. Keeping cost down for the customer means we have to keep over head down which means our time frames take a little longer. On top of the fact we are always keeping on top of our product for fit and finish which NO ONE else in this market does.

You will never read a complaint about quality from us and these are the reasons why. As the saying goes, good fast or cheap you only get to pick one and we offer two of them. MWC is a shop owned and operated by racers and we know pricing and quality needs to be there over anything else and refuse to take needs to speed up the process and have quality and pricing suffer. These are the reasons that brought you to us in the first place to purchase a MWC rear end correct?

We are a small chassis shop and not a production shop, there are three people here to do everything and we are under staffed and out of space but are working to correct those issues but it takes time to find people that are on the same page as us and to also get into the size space we need for the amount of work we actually do. The last thing we want to do is just to hire people to fill space and take quality down. Employees here need to be trusted 110% for getting you the correct and safest product out the door.

Thank you for your understand and rest assure we are going through these as fast and thorough as we can.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Well said and tough to find a shop that still takes pride in their product and customer.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jetaws6
That makes me sad I ordered mine early June. Its a good way to keep miles off the car though lol
You guys just be patient. I ordered mine mid February and still haven't gotten mine! BUT it's not due to them being behind or them forgetting or anything. They couldn't get some of the parts going into mine from the manufacturers so we've just been waiting on parts. AND the only reason I've been concerned about it being done is because I've got a big chunk of change in it. I've been working out of town for a little over a year now and it wouldn't have mattered if they could have gotten it to me any sooner anyways. STILL I'm super excited to get this and just be able to see one in person after seeing everyone's pic on here.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:36 PM
TECH Regular

Im not complaining at all if I didnt mind the wait I would have bought something else. You cant beat quality imo
Old 07-14-2011, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds about right, I ordered Feb 14th and picked it up May 18th, so 13 weeks in my case. As stated above, getting parts from the manufacture has been a problem and slowing things down. I hated the 13 week wait, but i't was all worth it in the end when I saw what a well built rear end it was!

Just to give you an idea how well this thing is put together. My buddy came with me to pick the rear end up at MWC's shop. He see's the welds on the rear end and says "are those machine welds?" Jason says "nope! all hand welded" my buddy says "wow! that's a hell of a good job".
Old 07-14-2011, 04:13 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
sounds about right, I ordered Feb 14th and picked it up May 18th, so 13 weeks in my case. As stated above, getting parts from the manufacture has been a problem and slowing things down. I hated the 13 week wait, but i't was all worth it in the end when I saw what a well built rear end it was!

Just to give you an idea how well this thing is put together. My buddy came with me to pick the rear end up at MWC's shop. He see's the welds on the rear end and says "are those machine welds?" Jason says "nope! all hand welded" my buddy says "wow! that's a hell of a good job".
Now if we can find about 10 more guys that can weld at the level of Trevor and Eric we might be able to keep up with the demand of just the F-Body rear ends we sell.

I know you was just as shocked to see how small of a shop we really are and how many rear ends sitting around in one stage or another of the process being completed.

Keep in mind I also try to keep good contact with our customers after the sale. We do not want to be known as one of those places that only view you as a credit card number and done with you once they have your money. No question is to small to ask when it comes to our product and we thrive off of feedback.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
MWC fabricated nine inch's are custom built to your needs and we offer a minimal down payment once you place your order and you can pay as needed. This has helped many customers get into a rear end they never thought they could afford.
I can attest to that!! Thanks again for everything guys, the rear is awesome, i'll have some installed pics next week, finally getting around to putting it all in this weekend.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:07 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
I can attest to that!! Thanks again for everything guys, the rear is awesome, i'll have some installed pics next week, finally getting around to putting it all in this weekend.
Glad we could help, being racers ourselves we understand how hard it is to support the habit we all enjoy.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Finally got some work done on the Camaro this weekend!!! Rear and suspension are all in!!! This thing is so sweet!!!

Got a couple of quick questions though:

1) Was the fill plug in the housing an option? I can't remember, but for some reason I thought it came standard and I don't have one on mine, so just curious, no big deal not to have it.

2) What shocks were the transverse shock mounts made for? I had to knock the bushings out of my qa1's, cut about 3/16" off them, knock 'em back in and then shave the rubber on each side to get them to fit in the shock mounts.

3) The narrowed LCA mounts, I thought that meant they were narrowed to just bolt the rod end of the lca in without bushings, or am I wrong on that? They seem stock width and I had to use the same size bushings I had to use on the stock lca mounts on my 12-bolt, so was just curious on that one.

Sorry these questions are so late, just noticed this stuff since I finally installed it all today.

Anyways, on to the pics:

My buddy wiping down the engine bay a bit.....

I love the deep dish rims!!!

Last edited by Loudmouth LS1; 07-18-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
I believe it can be done, I will have to check with Eric again as this question has popped up recently. What it will take is a custom cross member and torque arm to make it happen.
can you find out for me? I have sent a few pm's since feb, but haven't received a response.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LoudmouthLS1, the Mezeire fill cap is a $30 option, the transverse shock mounts are for shocks like the AFCOs with the larger studs. Don't know the answer to ur narrow LCA question.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

devon parts looks nice, I really like your car . The LCA look like a stock width in the pics
Old 07-18-2011, 08:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by djfury05
LoudmouthLS1, the Mezeire fill cap is a $30 option, the transverse shock mounts are for shocks like the AFCOs with the larger studs. Don't know the answer to ur narrow LCA question.
Thank you, I probably said no to the fill cap then, not really necessary, it's just been so long and for some reason I thought I remember it being standard, thanks for clearing that and the shocks question up for me.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by studderin
devon parts looks nice, I really like your car . The LCA look like a stock width in the pics
Thanks man and that's what I was thinking as well.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:09 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Fill cap is a $30 option but the case comes with one standard.

Transverse shock mounts are set up for 1" unless other wise suggested.

You do have standard width LCA, I sent you a PM so we can go over your order to see if it was supposed to be different.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:14 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by RooRnZ28
can you find out for me? I have sent a few pm's since feb, but haven't received a response.
I apologize if you have not got a quick response. If anyone needs a quick response please send emails to midwestchassis@hotmail.com

OK but after your last inquiry on here we went through and did the figuring to see what it would take to make a long torque arm for a 4l80E. It can be done but it will be completely custom set up. You are talking a one off torque arm length to do so. The cross member we already do make but because of the extra length our current long torque arm is to long.

Can I ask why the long arm only?

If interested I can figure out the pricing for the torque arm if you would like and PM it to you. Most that have done the 4l80E transmission have done a short arm.

Quick Reply: Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics