Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

1 Tire Fire

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1 Tire Fire

I have tried to find some old threads about this but havnt really had any luck.

I have an 02 ws6 it only has 69,xxx miles. And it is spinning the right rear tire only. I have replaced the gear oil with red line fully syn. 75/90 and put in the additive even though the red line bottles say it wasnt need. After I changed the fluid I went to a parking lot and did like 8 figure 8s driving slowly after that it spun both tires. Then like a week or so later I get in it after my wife has been driving it daily and she never gets on it. And it get on it and it lights the one tire up. So I stop somewhere open the driver door and get it to do alittle burnout and once again it only spins the right rear.

Whats next on the to do list. Replace the clutch in it or does it have one. I have put a clutch in my GN's 8.5 10 bolt. Does it have the same type?
Old 12-27-2007, 12:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N20GMC
I have tried to find some old threads about this but havnt really had any luck.

I have an 02 ws6 it only has 69,xxx miles. And it is spinning the right rear tire only. I have replaced the gear oil with red line fully syn. 75/90 and put in the additive even though the red line bottles say it wasnt need. After I changed the fluid I went to a parking lot and did like 8 figure 8s driving slowly after that it spun both tires. Then like a week or so later I get in it after my wife has been driving it daily and she never gets on it. And it get on it and it lights the one tire up. So I stop somewhere open the driver door and get it to do alittle burnout and once again it only spins the right rear.

Whats next on the to do list. Replace the clutch in it or does it have one. I have put a clutch in my GN's 8.5 10 bolt. Does it have the same type?

Non rebuildable diff from the factory. Need to replace it. I would recommend the Eaton Positraction. You can check out our website for pricing.

Jeff