Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

how to swap 4 channel disc brake rear end into '95 v6?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Banned

Willem @ Fuel Injection Concepts's Avatar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how to swap 4 channel disc brake rear end into '95 v6?

I want to swap a 4 channel disc brake rear end from an SS into my '95 v6 that has 3 channel/drum brakes. I don't care about keeping ABS. What do I have to do brake line wise/booster/etc? Is there GM parts I can order or do I have to make my own lines? Part numbers would be great. The rear end I got has no lines on it.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Banned

Willem @ Fuel Injection Concepts's Avatar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ttttt
Old 12-31-2007, 12:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know if this will help but, when I put a 9 inch with LS1 disks in my 94 ABS V6 with drums, I just bought some hard lines from the auto parts store. Bent them as needed and ran them from the center "T" to each disk. I did the ABS delete also so that was not an issue. Idid get some new stock parts form a dealer on Irving in Itasca. Clips for the calipers, etc.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does your replacement rear end come complete with backing plates, rotors and calipers? LS1 or LT1?
The rear end will bolt up no problem, but it would be a good idea to know what gear ratio your replacement diff. has....don't want to be too low.
Your current brake lines going to the wheel cylinders might work, but you have to try mating them to the brake caliper flex hoses...depending on your application(LT1orLS1).
And don't forget safety, make sure you properly secure the brake lines to the axle assembly.
There is one thing that I can not fore sure answer right now, cause I am typing from home and not the shop and don't have access to my shop manuals.......is the brake proportioning valve, I don't remember if it is external
or incorporated with the ebcm/bpmv(abs unit).
If it is internal, would have to check to see if the donor car had the same abs unit and according to your post, the donor car is 4 channel.......so I am not sure.
Altough the LS1 and LT1 rear ends are identical excepts for the entire braking systems, we have never put one in a V6. I have installed many LS1 axle assemblies into LT1 f-cars with minor mods to the brake lines.
As far as parts list of what you need, off the top of my head...
-parking brake cables......again depending on which brakes
you have(LS1 or LT1)
-parking brake cable brackets...might already be on your donor axle assembly
-rear calipers flex hoses(LT1 or LS1)

need more info as to what you have on hand
hope this helps