Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Crazy rear end

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy rear end

The guy who replaced my bearing did a poor job aligning my gears and now the car doesn't want to drive straight and it feels like it lost alot of power. Whines too.

I know it's slower now but would this have caused the car to want to take off to one side instead of squatting down flat and going like it used to?
Old 03-26-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We need more information. What bearing was replaced? Just changing a bearing alone won't result in a loss of power or the car not driving straight, so either something is really awry here or we are missing a lot of information.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. The bearing that is just forward of the ring and pinion not for sure the name of it. I think he replaced two bearings but they had to pull out the ring and pinion and put it back together.

The reason I had them replaced is the diff cover gasket failed and my fluid level got low and the result was burned up bearings in the center peice of the rear end they weren't axle bearings I know this much.

Is it possible to align gears to where they bind and become less efficient?