Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Bench bleeding the hyd.'s ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 06:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bench bleeding the hyd.'s ??

Well I have the resevior bolted to my work bench and the slave above it so the air and fluid can rise making it easier to bleed! When I was doing this I heard a pop and it looked as though the slave had come forward past the end of the plastic tube. Some "break fluid" came out and when I pushed it back in everything was okay. I bleed the unit several times and put it in a vise with just enough pressure to hold it for me and I have excellent pressure on the master cyclinder and no leaks. Was this just going too far forward? I also did the drill mod no big deal! For anyone who want's to do it it was a hole 60 seconds.. Just purchase a new 1/8" drill bit and have fluid in the line to keep it cool. I also put mine in the vise to keep the end from moving and the line perfectly straight as I drilled thru it. I believe that I'm now ready to install the new clutch.. I also ordered all new ARP bolts for the install as well "just overkill but it's my baby".. Any input is appreciated.. These hyd's are all new from the dealership..

Thanks
Old 03-20-2003, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Bench bleeding the hyd.'s ??

I thought the dealer sent the hydraulics pressure bled as an assembly, or did you buy them in pieces?
Old 03-21-2003, 08:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

They were all bled when I rceived them but did the drill mod! Thus I had to bench bleed them again.

Thanks
Old 03-21-2003, 08:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

They were all bled when I rceived them but did the drill mod! Thus I had to bench bleed them again.

Thanks