Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

possible bent axle shaft?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 07:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default possible bent axle shaft?

I have this vibration coming from the rear end, at first i thought it was the pinion angle being set wrong, but i have it set at -2 at the mounting bracket and +1 on the driveshaft so im fairly certain that it is correct. Last christmas my wife and i were traveling up to kansas city to go visit some family and it had been raining the whole way up there and as soon as we hit kansas city that rain turned into slush. Well when it did that we were going around a large sweeping turn on the interstate doing about 70ish and my car came unglued from the road and i hit the divider wall on the highway. More of a glancing blow than a dead hit. Amazingly there was no body damage at all, however i learned later that i had killed the front hub assembly when i hit the wall. So since i killed the front hub and im pretty certain that the rear of the car hit the wall too, would it be possible that i could have a bent axle shaft? The only place that it is vibrating and making noise is from the rear end and thats the only thing i can think of. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2008, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

i have an axle cheap with abs,t tac from 01.....30bux plus shipping
Old 04-28-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

do you have the drivers and passengers side?