Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

2 Questions - Gears and Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 Questions - Gears and Clutch

What is the recommended replacement clutch and gearing for a 02' Trans Am? I have about 380 RWHP in the car right now. I have 3.42's in it now and want to keep those, but will want to beef up the rear at some point.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02txceta
What is the recommended replacement clutch and gearing for a 02' Trans Am? I have about 380 RWHP in the car right now. I have 3.42's in it now and want to keep those, but will want to beef up the rear at some point.
I've said it before to others, so i'll say it to you too lol, being you have an M6, don't put a DIME in that 10 bolt, save your $$$ & piece together a 9", start off with a moser houseing/axle package, your at 380 RWHP, even if you beef up that 10 bolt, its STILL a 10 bolt with a 7.5" ring gear, take the cover off & take a looksee, you'll lauch, i know i did, i'm running a 3.50 gear in my 9".

I'm running a Ram clutch in mine (came in the car when i bought it), it does chatter some, but now that i've taken it down the track a few times, it chatters worse, don't know what clutch i'll use next, maybe there all like this.