Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

2 questions: funny noises? And where to get stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 questions: funny noises? And where to get stuff?

Question 1) My rear end makes 2 different noises under different conditions, the first is the romp romp romp or row row row sound others have gotten, which is apparently the axle becoming pitted. The second noise only happens when I'm decelerating and turning at the same time, it suddenly sounds like the diff (or something in that area) is full of loose gravel. If I straighten out or give it a bit of gas the noise quietens down. It seems louder if I turn to the right than turning to the left. Any ideas?

Question 2) Where do you guys get your parts from? I've settled on a new set of 3.73 gears and I've got ABS and TCS on the stock rear, I want some place that'll sell me all the shims and whatever else I'll need. I sent an e-mail to Jaws Gear though here last week, never heard anything from them. Any other recommendations?
Old 06-28-2008, 01:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Summitracing.com

I don't know what you want to spend but it's $299 for two 4 channel Moser axles. I got a $30 off coupon in my email, so $270 for those with that.
Exotic Performance Plus has the same thing for $329 or something.
I had a post about that but no one gave a ****. Post that your looking to buy a Moser 9'' and you'll get a ton of sponsors flocking to you.

Edit, about the noises it depends on what differential you have but genuine GM friction modifier is supposed to get rid of the gravel sound. Plus you're going to be changing all the bearings by the sounds of it so you'll have eliminate those as being the problem. The romp romp romp sound might very well be pitted axles.