Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hurst Camaro-Sema Scholarship car

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurst Camaro-Sema Scholarship car

here are a few pics of the new HURST Camaro car that's being auctioned off for charity on Ebay currently. Proceeds go to the Petty Victory camp. This is a "One Off" car built in conjunction with GM and is a different car than the "Production" version Camaro that HURST will be unveiling at SEMA this year in their booth. Looks pretty cool with the paint scheme etc!.
Attached Thumbnails Hurst Camaro-Sema Scholarship car-camaro.jpg   Hurst Camaro-Sema Scholarship car-camaro2.jpg   Hurst Camaro-Sema Scholarship car-camaro3.jpg  
Old 10-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

I think that you have your charity Camaros confused.

The WD-40/SEMA Cares Camaro is being auctioned off at BJAA for the Victory Junction Gang and Childhelp charities.

The Hurst Camaro is being auctioned off on eBay with proceeds to going to the SEMA Scholarship Fund.

Hurst Camaro Information:

After the popularity of the Hurst Challengers that debuted at SEMA 2008, Hurst Performance Vehicles will bring out a customized 2010 Chevrolet Camaro for the 2009 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. The 2010 Hurst Camaro will be auctioned for charity on eBay.com two weeks before the November 3, 2009 beginning of the SEMA Show, and we can expect the Hurst Camaro to be introduced at the greatest aftermarket car show in the world. Right now, the Hurst Camaro is referred to as a one-off, and there has been no official word on a production version of the car, but the press release below refers to the car to be auctioned as a pre-production. The proceeds of the Hurst Camaro auction will go to the SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund, providing scholarships to deserving students in the automotive field.

The Hurst Camaro wears a distinct Hurst paint scheme; the gloss black body is trimmed in silver and red, keeping with the Hurst tradition. The exterior is finished with Hurst metal badges, a unique Hurst rear spoiler, and Hurst T-2 20” aluminum wheels. The interior carries the Hurst scheme with embroidered floormats and a customized dash plaque, and the inside of the trunk lid displays the signature of the Hurst build team. Of course no Hurst model would be complete without a unique shifter, so the Hurst Camaro features the Hurst HARD-DRIVE billet pistol grip shift handle, finished in red anodized aluminum.

Read More about the Hurst Camaro Auction...
-----------------------------------------------

A few weeks ago, I reported on the 2010 Hurst Camaro that would be debuted at the 2009 SEMA Show in Las Vegas (click here for the original article). The Hurst Camaro that will be displayed at the SEMA Show is expected to be the first of the modified Camaros to be offered, but for now there is only one Hurst Camaro and last Friday, that One-of-a-kind muscle car went up for auction on eBay.com (click here to view the auction). The proceeds of the auction will go to support SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund, and along with owning a unique piece of automotive history, the winner of the 2010 Hurst Camaro will also win a lavish vacation package to the SEMA Show in Las Vegas!

The bidding opened on Friday, with an amazingly low starting price of just $10,000, and while it took a while for the bidding to start, the price rocketed up quickly. We are past the halfway point in the bidding, which is set to run from the 16th to the 23rd, and with 19 bids (as of 5:30 pm est) the leading bid stands at $42,600. I expect the price of the 2010 Hurst Camaro to continue to rise as the current bidding price is only a few thousand dollars more than a “normal” 2010 Camaro 2SS-RS, and with the long list of modifications inside and outside this instant collectable is likely to draw big money for the charity.

Read more about the progression of the Auction, including more images...
Old 10-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

I blew up the new headrests a little...Ill get plenty of nice pictures of the car at the show...but the enhancement gives you an idea of what the winner is getting.
-------------------------------------------------------

We are about 29 hours from the end of the eBay auction for the 2010 Hurst Camaro, and the bidding has grown to $43,850. There are currently seven approved and active bidders fighting it out for the rights to own this piece of automotive history, and I fully expect to see the bidding become fast and furious in the final day.

The folks from Hurst were good enough to provide us with a few images of the Hurst Camaro when they announced the auction and a bigger selection of images was provided with the auction, but last night I received an email from SEMA with interesting new images. It may go unnoticed by most, but it occurred to me that in the images sent last night, showing the Hurst Camaro ‘out in the wild’ had the Camaro wearing the familiar Chevy bowtie in red rather than the normal gold bowtie found on production Camaros and the original Hurst Camaro images. (check out the gallery below to see the Hurst Camaro with both the red, and the gold badging)

Click here to read more of the article and view a Hurst Camaro gallery showing the two different badges, and the headrests.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Staging Lane

nice!
Old 10-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

the auction closed friday at $61,900...I spoke with the winning bidder this weekend and Ill have a piece up about the end of the auction and the winning bidder.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

Here is an update...with the information about the gentleman who won the Hurst Camaro auction...the guy has been into cars for a long time, but he just started collecting...the Hurst Camaro will be the second car in his show collection, joining a super clean 79 trans am.
---------------------------------------------

This past Friday evening, the first 2010 Hurst Camaro to be offered to the public was sold on eBay with a winning bid of $69,100. At over double the price of a “normal” 2010 Camaro SS, this ultra rare Hurst Camaro helped contribute a considerable amount of money to the SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund. The bidding was by pre-approved eBay users only, and over the course of the bidding 13 hopeful buyers took a shot at the Hurst Camaro. The winner is listed on the eBay site as just t***e, but one of my awesome contacts at SEMA was able to put me in touch with the lucky winner of this rare piece of automotive history.

How many of us went out to the bar for a few drinks this past Friday night? Knowing my readers, I would bet that quite a few of you did, but how many of you came home owing a 2010 Hurst Camaro? Well, that was exactly how it happened for Ernest Feist. Mr. Feist had learned about the Hurst Camaro auction Thursday night when he received an email from Kompolt.com, the group helping to promote the charity auction. Mr. Feist and his company, Feist Engineering, are deeply involved with education in the community and the fact that he proceeds of the Hurst Camaro auction were going to support education sealed the deal for him. Friday morning he entered a bid of $60,000 and headed off to work.

Click here to read more about the winner of the Hurst Camaro auction...
Old 10-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Teching In

my goof.. well thats great to hear

Quick Reply: Hurst Camaro-Sema Scholarship car