Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

Camaro 2012 Procharged L99 Only 3 PSI

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro 2012 Procharged L99 Only 3 PSI

Hello i new in the forum, i have known this forum trough a member in camaro5 i have this other post http://www.camaro5.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372564 but i post here the same to join forces to solve the problem.

Hello, i'm new in the forum, my name is Jordan from Andorra (EU), i have a procharged (p1sc-1) Camaro 2012 L99. I installed the procharger and after i contact with ted of Jannetty Racing for a custom tune file, the first problem was that no dyno for solve this i installed a AEM o2 sensor for adjust air/fuel ratio. After Ted detect the fuel pump have a very low pressure and I install a ZL1 fuel pump with ADM control module, Ted detect a very low pressure in the intake manifold, only 3 psi, I made a cap and I removed the air filter to installa cap and pressurize the system with 15 psi, I found a leak in the black procharger bypass valve I remplaced this for a vortech race bypass valve and I pressurized the system now with 15 psi and no leak found at this time, after I checked the vaccum line and the installation, no problems found, the crankshaft is been pinned. I've also thought the problem is the belt slipping or the tensioner no work properly, I test this with the procharger install manual tension and with the max bolt tension, I have the same result. 3 PSI. I've also tried with a new map sensor, only 3 psi. I've also tried. Any idea? Defective procharger?

Finally, today, at sea level I have tested the all possible parameters:
1. I have the max tension in the tensioner, the belt is impossible slipping with this tension, if the belt slipping the map read in the graphic not is linear but I have a linear value that demonstrates the belt no slipping.
2. I have changed the pulley and with the new pulley y have a new key for the pulley, this works fine, if this not work fine I don’t have 7 PSI and when I changed the pulley if the harmonic balancer slipping the PSI don’t increase, if slipping at one point this slipping with any pulley and the boost don’t increase.
3. I don’t have any leak, I have pressurized the system many of times without any leak, the system supports 20 psi without problem.
4. My intercooler works fine, after the procharger and before I have only a difference of 0,5 psi, that is perfect.
5. My car is a stock car, with stock engine and stock exhaust, don’t cammed don’t headers, any.
6. My BOV works correctly, I have tested this with procharger BOV and with vortech BOV (this last don’t leak any) and I have the same result, 7 PSI.
7. My vacuum line works fine at open at 6500rpm the bov without any leaks, if I have a leak in the vacuum line the bov not open and the pressure increase but still to be safe I have tested the pressure without bov ant I have the same result. 7PSI
8. I have tested with two air filters and with the same result, my filter works fine and I don’t have restriction.
9. Apparently see no problems in the blower, it rotates with the pulley.
10. My crankshaft is pinned correctly I have double check this.
11. All clamps works fine, this is demonstrated with the pressurize test.
12. With the car stopped without turn on the key I have a read of 0.00 PSI that works fine at this moment.
13. The read in the mechanical boost gauge and in the map sensor the same read, 7 PSI that shows the map works fine.
I do not know if I miss anything else but I think I've looked all possible.
I finally just coming to the same Ted conclusion as the first day I have a defective procharger or underperforming, I hope ProCharger send me an RMA process and not shirk the problem.
My other solution is install a more smaller puller for have the pressure in the mountain but if I have a 3.9” pulley and I want 12 psi but I have 7 at the sea level that is bad and not is a solution. This does not solve my ProCharger not works fine.

This picture is at wot at 6500 rpm in 3 gear at full load running the car.

It's a shame, I made claim to summit. Procharger sent me a tunning file and the car overheated all time. Procharger he has not requiered any log, with jannetty racing we have done more than twenty logs and ten tunning files...
I attach a picture speaks for itself: THIS IS VERY LEAN if no contact wit Ted today i don't have engine.

Pisses me off procharger always with the same story, stock car! I send a pictures and videos to procharger and always the same result. I attach here a youtube video and exhaust pictures. This is the sound from a cammed car?

Not know whether to laugh at me but have come to say that I have motor oil in the ProCharger shows that I have a mechanical problem in the engine.
One tube is connected to the air filter to burn off excess oil (I heard later)
ProCharger but tried to make me believe he had a mechanical problem and is normal!

if not give me a warranty defective ProCharger how they are going to give to a blown engine?
I hope that ProCharger solve my problem, they will lose sales and I do not know what to do

Last edited by jordaromera; 09-06-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:40 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Dear Jordaromera,

We have spent lots of time with you on the phone, email, and as well on the Camaro5 forum. Us as well as others have been helping you with your issue over on that forum.

May we kindly ask, that you stick to that forum since we already have a good dialog going. Trying to track your posts on different forums, emails, and phone calls is not helping the situation.

As stated in our emails, and the other forum. Please place your car on a Dyno that logs Boost, AFR, and HP/TQ so that we may get an accurate reading from a 4th gear WOT full pull. (Street pulls, spinning tires does not log true load, and many other reasons) WE send out countless numbers of these systems, with very little boost deviation on cars that are in fact 100% stock. As to why yours is down on boost.

Again, so that we may help you best, lets keep our points of contact to as little as possible. IE: Email preferred, however Camaro5 forum is fine as well.

Please answer our question we have asked you on the Camaro5 forum.

Thanks in advance,
ProCharger
Old 09-17-2014, 05:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

.5 Bar = 7.2518869 Psi
.55 Bar = 7.97707559 Psi

If you have a stock bottom end in the (meaning stock pistons and connecting rods) car, 8 psi is all the boost I recommend running.

The ProCharger Proflow bypass valve will leak out a little air under pressure, but it is not normally enough to cause the boost to be lower. I've only had one faulty Proflow bypass valve in the eleven years I have been selling them.

I've not aware of ever dealing with Jannetty Racing myself, but if you look on here there are a lot of threads suggesting you look elsewhere for a tune for your Camaro. With your car making almost 8 psi of boost, I don't see the blower having a problem with it.

As ProCharger has suggested, you might want to keep to the Camaro5 forum so they can keep up with where you are at with your Camaro. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 09-18-2014, 07:47 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is it making 3 psi or 7/8? Very confusing.

Should make the 7/8 with that combo and it's normal.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Is it making 3 psi or 7/8? Very confusing.

Should make the 7/8 with that combo and it's normal.
We have been trying to work with this customer via emails, phones, and now various internet forums. Though yes, due to the translation issues, it is a bit confusing.

The system is now making right at .55bar and or 7.9psi.
However, for whatever the reason he had to use a smaller pulley to get that.

Though since he had to use a smaller pulley, he has been convinced by others that the blower is "bad". Which is hardly the case, and its simply the case of his car needing a slightly smaller pulley then normal.

The car has never been on a Dyno,
No logs of a WOT 4th gear pull have been submitted, (or any log without tire spin)

This customer has done great work, pressure checking the tubing. As well as logging the lack of pressure drop across the intercooler.

- No leaks
- No Pressure drop
- Makes 7.9psi (but with one size smaller pulley then most)

At the end of the day, one would assume this system is working perfect, given his conditions. A Dyno with true HP/TQ readings would confirm.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree. System is probably fine. I've had to re pulley for boost on some cars. Just the way it is. Boost is not a set thing.

Quick Reply: Camaro 2012 Procharged L99 Only 3 PSI