Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro

Driver Window Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 09:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Window Issue

Good Morning All,

Hopefully someone can help me out here.

I have a 2011 Camaro SS Automatic that is having a very stange issue.

The Drivers window is not reposnding at all, wont go up or down. I have check every single fuse in my car along with wiring to ensure proper connections ect. I have disconnected the batter multiple times and let it sit to reset.

When I reconnect the battery the car asks me to re-index the passenger window but not the drivers side, completely skips it.

In Addition, When i turn off the car and remove key and get out it does not shut off the radio or any of the dash lights. I can only shut the electronics off by disconnecting the battery.

I have a factory radio with basically every bolt of you can think of and tuned via HP Tuners. I have had this car tuned for a long time and this issued just came up recently .

Thank you in advance for any of your help.

Let me add that the drivers door window switches work to lower the passenger window as well.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Teching In

So here is an update. I replaced the window switch now both Windows works and index properly but the radio and 12 volt lighters still stay on for 10 min after the key has been removed and the doors have been opened
Old 06-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Window stop working again and now car thinks the drivers door is always open. I am guessing both the door actuator and window motor went out.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:53 AM
On The Tree

Problem with the door wiring harness?
Old 06-20-2014, 11:06 AM
Teching In

I have now replaced the window motor with no results car is now back to where it was not picking up the drivers door. I have the door lock acuator coming in this weekend so I will replace that as well. I am think that the actuator actually sends a signal to the BCM so it know there is a door connected and if it is open or close which in turn allows it to send power to the window.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

every once in a while I get a DTC message to open and close the drivers window. Not often enough to make sure my connections are tight, but about 3-4 times now to say WFT.

Quick Reply: Driver Window Issue