5Th Gen Camaro Headers CAI Stock Exhaust Dyno Results From Hinson Motorsports - LS1TECH

Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro

5Th Gen Camaro Headers CAI Stock Exhaust Dyno Results From Hinson Motorsports

Old 10-29-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
TECH Fanatic

Default 5Th Gen Camaro Headers CAI Stock Exhaust Dyno Results From Hinson Motorsports

Hisnon Motorsports is having a Kooks Header Sale. Kooks headers are made in the USA of 304 stainless steel and made to last. Bolt on the sound and performance your looking for today from Hinson Motorsports. Items are in stock and ready to ship to your door.

See the results for yourself below. We took a 5th Gen LS3 6speed Camaro and bolted on the Vararam CAI with Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, and with the stock exhaust system the car made 438RWH. So try it out for yourself, you'll be glad that you did.

Kooks 1 7/8 Stainless Headers

Vararam Ram Air Cold Air Intake

5th Gen Camaro w/ Kooks Headers & Vararam Cold Air Intake

Vararam Cold Air Intake Installed

Kooks Headers Installed

Dyno Results

HINSON Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:12 AM   #2

Those are great numbers for just two mods!
ScreaminRedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ View Post
Those are great numbers for just two mods!
Yes we thought so too, especially with the stock mufflers. We have a great tuner here that really spends the time needed making sure everything is right. I found it kind of interesting that the customer just wanted this, and not upgrade to a performance exhaust system. Most people that want headers have already done the exhaust upgrade, so to get some numbers for this was kinda cool.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:19 PM   #4

Have you ever done a test to see how much of a restriction the stock mufflers are? I usually run the stock mufflers on my G8 (ARH 1-7/8" headers with catted x), but I've never dynoed with and without them back to back to see if they are holding me back.
ScreaminRedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #5
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ View Post
Have you ever done a test to see how much of a restriction the stock mufflers are? I usually run the stock mufflers on my G8 (ARH 1-7/8" headers with catted x), but I've never dynoed with and without them back to back to see if they are holding me back.
I don't know how restrictive they are from a dyno perspective on your car, but I do know that you feel a difference in driving it. The stock mufflers are very restrictive and do rob a fair amount of horsepower but it does vary from car to car and tune to tune. A lot of the cars and trucks we get here have a lot more done to them by the time they leave than just exhaust.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #6
LEO
TECH Addict

Very impressive results for minimal mods.
LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:37 AM   #7
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEO View Post
Very impressive results for minimal mods.
Yes we thought so as well. Thought it was a unique opportunity when he wanted headers and not a catback system. Its very rare you see this combination and thought it might be helpful to show that you can do headers and CAI without doing a full exhaust system and still see respectable HP gains.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:36 AM   #8
Launching!

Thats a pick up of what about 50hp with just headers and cai ? Nice
Mrbowtie26 is offline   Reply With Quote