Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Take that rustang fans! Camaro beats Mustang sales in June :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 01:34 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hardcore Domestics
I think the G8 is a fantastic looking car and has a ton more market appeal than a 2 door sports car. I also like the CTS-V even though its price tag is a little unreasonable, unless of course you compare it to the cars its intended to go up against, like the M3, M5, AMGs, RSs, etc. I hope so bad for them they figure out a way to make the G8 into a Chevrolet and keep it going. Like people have been saying for years, the American companies should bring over some of their Austraillian 4 door cars. GM finally steps up and brings over an OZ ride, and they decide to do a coupe, and make it look like a Cavalier and make it weigh 2 tons+ and slap a rediculious price tag on it, considering the demgraphics for a car like that.
I agree with you about the G8 but I still like the Camaro too and would buy one in a heartbeat if my finances were better. I don't think they are too expensive if you take the dealer scum out of the conversation.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Hardcore Domestics
I think the G8 is a fantastic looking car and has a ton more market appeal than a 2 door sports car. I also like the CTS-V even though its price tag is a little unreasonable, unless of course you compare it to the cars its intended to go up against, like the M3, M5, AMGs, RSs, etc. I hope so bad for them they figure out a way to make the G8 into a Chevrolet and keep it going. Like people have been saying for years, the American companies should bring over some of their Austraillian 4 door cars. GM finally steps up and brings over an OZ ride, and they decide to do a coupe, and make it look like a Cavalier and make it weigh 2 tons+ and slap a rediculious price tag on it, considering the demgraphics for a car like that.
Umm yeah the 5th gen Camaro and the cavalier have NOTHING in common (except maybe two doors and four wheels).
Old 07-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

I have a 97 TA ram air, there is no comparison. This Camaro is like nothing else on the road. I love all my GM cars, but GM got this one right, its retro, but also has its own identity.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:25 AM
Teching In

Camaro is only selling because it's the new thing and it's the "Transformers" car. It's had quite a bit of advertising. But I believe once the hype dies down the Mustang will pull back ahead.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DJ_Seph
Camaro is only selling because it's the new thing and it's the "Transformers" car. It's had quite a bit of advertising. But I believe once the hype dies down the Mustang will pull back ahead.
The camaro definantly got some good advertising. The mustang may move back ahead but as long as both beat out the 370z, genesis, eclipse, sti, evo, anything foreign, then Im very happy. Im a camaro owner and a gm guy but I am an American supporter and will be happy as long as ford/chevy outdue the rest.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NotthisSS
The camaro definantly got some good advertising. The mustang may move back ahead but as long as both beat out the 370z, genesis, eclipse, sti, evo, anything foreign, then Im very happy. Im a camaro owner and a gm guy but I am an American supporter and will be happy as long as ford/chevy outdue the rest.
Don't worry about that

Genesis Sedan and coupe YTD: 9,938

370z:
Jan. - 1280
Feb. - 1452
Mar. - 1635
Apr. - 1561
May - 1278
Jun. - 924
Old 07-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by silplu83
Don't worry about that

Genesis Sedan and coupe YTD: 9,938

370z:
Jan. - 1280
Feb. - 1452
Mar. - 1635
Apr. - 1561
May - 1278
Jun. - 924
Now thats worth being excited about... Mustang + Camaro sales in june alone was more. Now lets get our sedans doing the same thing. Im in germany and see why our sedans lose. They have the turbo diesels in everything and they are extremly efficient.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Umm yeah the 5th gen Camaro and the cavalier have NOTHING in common (except maybe two doors and four wheels).
I meant the GTO

Quick Reply: Take that rustang fans! Camaro beats Mustang sales in June :)