Sponsored by
School of Automotive Machinists
Click Here

Help Please 2010 Camaro SS

Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Teching In

Trader Rating: 0
Cool Help Please 2010 Camaro SS

I am new to the world of working on cars I was wondering if someone could help me. I installed Borla Atak Aggressive Cat-Back Exhaust System. and K&N Cold Air intake. The car was not as loud as I wanted it to be so one of my friends told me to get new cams, and valve springs. So I ordered MTI Racing Stage 3 LS3 Camshaft :: 2010-2012 Camaro SS, and Livernois Motorsports LS-Series Dual Valve Springs.

My question is with the new cams and valve springs do I need to change the Push Rods and the Timing Chain? If so can anyone please tell me which pushrods and timing chain would be good.

Thanks
Kevin
Kevinusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
Internet Mechanic

Trader Rating: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinusmc View Post
I am new to the world of working on cars I was wondering if someone could help me. I installed Borla Atak Aggressive Cat-Back Exhaust System. and K&N Cold Air intake. The car was not as loud as I wanted it to be so one of my friends told me to get new cams, and valve springs. So I ordered MTI Racing Stage 3 LS3 Camshaft :: 2010-2012 Camaro SS, and Livernois Motorsports LS-Series Dual Valve Springs.

My question is with the new cams and valve springs do I need to change the Push Rods and the Timing Chain? If so can anyone please tell me which pushrods and timing chain would be good.

Thanks
Kevin
Welcome to the site!

You may want to ask this in the Specific 5th Gen Camaro section, may get more hits and answers on this.

Also on a minor note: It is Cam (singular), not Cams (plural). Not unless your talking about a LT5

Sound is effected by things like tuning, compression, and valve timing. But having CATs or a form of restriction will deadend the sound a bit so you maybe at the point of needing to remove it. IF sound is what your looking for.

MOST LS engines do need their pushrods measured (and replaced with Hardened), also stock chains can be weak. I am no expert on the newer VVT LS motors but check in that section and see what they say.

Also can suggest talking with MTi since they made the cam, they would be the ones to talk to about what you would need.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-cl...l#post17273103
BlackScreaminMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
Teching In

Trader Rating: 0
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine View Post
Welcome to the site!

You may want to ask this in the Specific 5th Gen Camaro section, may get more hits and answers on this.

Also on a minor note: It is Cam (singular), not Cams (plural). Not unless your talking about a LT5

Sound is effected by things like tuning, compression, and valve timing. But having CATs or a form of restriction will deadend the sound a bit so you maybe at the point of needing to remove it. IF sound is what your looking for.

MOST LS engines do need their pushrods measured (and replaced with Hardened), also stock chains can be weak. I am no expert on the newer VVT LS motors but check in that section and see what they say.

Also can suggest talking with MTi since they made the cam, they would be the ones to talk to about what you would need.

Thanks man appreciate that.
Kevinusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:47 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2010, cam, camaro, camshaft, change, dual, engine, internal, ls3, mods, mti, racing, replacing, springs, ss, stage, valve