General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Enclosed Trailer Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 02:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Enclosed Trailer Recommendations?

Starting the search for an enclosed car trailer, SOOO many choices out there my mind is going fuzzy. Looking in the 20'-24' range, more so a 20' with a v-nose front, or a 24' flat front.

Any recommendation or expriences would be appreciated, i definitely want all aluminum to keep the weight down as i'll be towing with my 04 silverado ss, not the most stout suspension, but will be grabbing a leveling hitch.

So far my pick is a Cargo-Pro 2000 series aluminum enclosed, lightest weight, like the looks and not crazy money.

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just make sure you get trailer brakes on the truck especially if your going to have your car in the back. Thats a lot of weight for your truck to stop on stock brakes
Old 01-03-2009, 02:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

yes the trailer will have brakes on both axles. And the truck is wired for the controller so im set there. Thanks though
Old 01-03-2009, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a pace trailer (24' shadow GT) for the race car (66 chevy II). It has worked great, tows nice, and doesn't break the bank. We put a winch in it because there isn't enough room to get out of the car inside the trailer (well you could...but it isn't fun unless you are in the dukes of hazzard). We have the 24' flat front and had enough room to build a workbench in the front using rollaway toolboxes (without the casters of course) as the supports. It holds more than enough tools for a weekend of racing and the other necessities (like a generator, compressor, drum of fuel, microwave and fridge )
Anyways, I'd recommend checking them out if there is someone near you that carries those. http://www.paceamerican.com/trailers/shadow/ That's the line we have. I like the swivel handles on the rear much better than the usual swing-around crossbar type and the door is spring-assisted so it doesn't slam down and it offers a pretty nice shallow angle on the drive-up ramp so you don't scrape the car (the headers hung low on the big block nova). Think about upgrades and changes you'll make to the tralier down the line and make sure it'll accomodate it. I'm not saying to definitely buy this brand, I don't have experience with other trailers besides a smaller wells cargo and a KZ toyhauler for the quads, but for the race car the pace worked really well and I'd recommend it.