General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Car wont Start.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car wont Start.

i'm dealing with a 4th v6 f-body with a complete swappped drivetrain from a wrecked z28. car turns over repeatedly and tries to fire but.........nothing. 2 days ago it started fine, idled good, etc. and now today its back to the same issue, it spins over but doesn't crank.....it tries but its back to square one, just spinning over. it has a brand new crank sensor, wiring harness from the z28, computer from the z28 etc. has anyone ever heard of anything like this before. I was leaning towards it not having enough fuel pressure but since it started fine 2 days ago, and its once again not starting now i'm leaning towards electrical issues.

any input?
Old 03-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Spray some brake cleaner into throttle body and see if it will run on brake cleaner. If it does you know you got a fuel problem. Be good time to get fuel pressure gauge and see if you have weak fuel pressure or no fuel pressure. If you have no fuel pressure need to check fuse, fuel pump relay and for power at the fuel pump itself.

If it won't run on brake cleaner, do you have spark?

Chris
Old 03-02-2012, 11:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Homer's Uncle
Spray some brake cleaner into throttle body and see if it will run on brake cleaner. If it does you know you got a fuel problem. Be good time to get fuel pressure gauge and see if you have weak fuel pressure or no fuel pressure. If you have no fuel pressure need to check fuse, fuel pump relay and for power at the fuel pump itself.

If it won't run on brake cleaner, do you have spark?

Chris
well it runs when it wants to. it has a weird pattern. one day it tries to start, the next it just constantly turns over, and the day after than it starts. then the cycle repeats. its weird as hell, the fuel pump is working, and the smell of gas fills the shop after about the 3rd-4th time of trying to start it. i initially thought i would be a fuel pressure problem but i ruled that out when i fired up. but now that i'm back at square one i dont know wtf to think. once it fires and runs, it will crank every time following that until the battery dies, then it starts back w/ the headache cycle of not starting again.