General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Why doesn't TSP offer free shipping?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why doesn't TSP offer free shipping?

You can order some TSP parts like exhaust from Speed Inc and get it shipped for free. But if you order direct from TSP, they charge you for shipping.

Why is it that some forum vendors can offer free shipping and others do not?
Old 03-25-2012, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just because they don't charge you directly for shipping you usually pay something for shipping. That is why when I get price quotes I usually call the vendors or get far enough on their website to get the out the door price after shipping and any other fees. Just because you mentioned TSP I priced the headers and there $545 from speed inc and 500 from TSP. So it would probable all equal out with everything said and done and you pay shipping.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because there's no such thing as "free" shipping. All it means is the price of shipping is built into the price of the product instead of a separate charge. But you have to pay either way.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, sometimes that "free shipping" can really hurt you. I usually buy parts from FbodyWarehouse and shipping is added into their prices. Thier stuff is usually a little more expensive than others because of it. When you buy lots of stuff from them, you actually pay a ridiculous amount in shipping. Personally I rather have a flat rate than free. Usually business have UPS/fedex accounts that save them quite a bit of money. If TSP headers are $500 and the vendor is $545 shipped, TSP should be cheaper out the door.