General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Getting tuned on 2.73's and then swpaping gears. Will the car shift properly?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting tuned on 2.73's and then swpaping gears. Will the car shift properly?

I just put a new combo on the top end of my car. Trans got better clutch packs swervos and such. The car had an fti stall in when it had bolt ons, the stall was re-stalled for the new cam and combo. I have 2.73's currently. I want to get this thing tuned as it's a fresh motor and it can barely idle with this cam. Will it matter if I get it tuned and then throw my 8.8 in at the end of the month with 3.73's? I don't want it banging off the limiter on the 2-3 shift.

Edit: Car is a 02 z28 4l60E
Old 04-12-2012, 11:14 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Yes it will matter. A gear swap without tuning will cause fasle speedometer readings, and in turn incorrect shift points.

You could do the engine tuning now, and then go back for an update to the speedo/shift points later. But depending on who does your tuning, there may be an extra charge.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Yes it will matter. A gear swap without tuning will cause fasle speedometer readings, and in turn incorrect shift points.

You could do the engine tuning now, and then go back for an update to the speedo/shift points later. But depending on who does your tuning, there may be an extra charge.
Thank you!