General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Salvaging wire harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 01:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Salvaging wire harness

I took out the ls1 and T56 out of my wrecked camaro last week but i ended up cutting the wire harness where it goes through the firewall on the driver side.

My question is where can i go from here with the harness. Is there a way to salvage it or would it be more beneficial to sell it for what ever its worth and buy another harness later.

Im planning on keeping the engine and transmission to put it into another car at later time.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2012, 03:06 AM
Launching!

Don't know but i picked my Ls1 auto with it cut off at the firewall as well... I'm going to start my rewire soon though and printed out some diagrams from ondemand5, biggest issue is converting from a auto to a manual harness and the programming along with keeping it emissions legal!!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:36 PM
Staging Lane

Do you also have the wires from inside the car and planning on reconnecting them or are you just going to see what you need and start all over with the rewiring?
Old 12-21-2012, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't remember what goes through on the driver's side, but when I pulled the engine and trans out of my donor for my 89, I didn't cut anything. You can always remove the rest from the car and solder the wires back together.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Yea im going to go get the rest of it and see if i can figure out where each wire went. Its going to be difficult though because multiple wires are the same color.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ruble50
Do you also have the wires from inside the car and planning on reconnecting them or are you just going to see what you need and start all over with the rewiring?
No i don't have any wiring from inside the car.. I'm planning on starting all over again.... If i'm right i just need to keep the obd2 wiring along with the trans wiring. I will go to the salvage yard soon to get what i need.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:35 AM
TECH Regular

save it all!!! i can be repaired . butt splice, solder etc. i think what goes thru the firewall passenger side deals with the fuel pump.the wiring harrness is not available at the dealer. nor does the aftermarket have them available.

Quick Reply: Salvaging wire harness