General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Not sure where to post, O2 sensor question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 08:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

feel free to move this post to the correct dicussion. anywho, i have a 98 camaro ss. No cats. post have been tuned out. well i have an issue. there was a fire a while back that burnt my O2 sensor connector. so i just spliced it. little did i know, the connector needs to be there for a fresh air in. so now i got pigtails and im splicing into the harness side. my question is, which connectors on the harness are for pre-cat O2s? i have 4 connectors, 2 pre, 2 post, but the post are tuned out, supposedly. either way i have no cats and i want to know which connectors are which. on part of my harness, these are grouped on the same harness as the TPS, IAC, IAT, MAF, ECT, and alternator. another one is on the same harness as the engine oil level sensor. another one is on the same harness as the transmission sensors. another one has one 2 prong connector on it. please someone shed some light as to which are pre and post O2s. thanks in advance.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

You would be better off to post in the Gen 3 external section or in the tuning section.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pre = upstream from the converters or closest to the manifold post = down stream from where the converters would have been
Old 02-14-2013, 09:51 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Orange Juice
You would be better off to post in the Gen 3 external section or in the tuning section.
yea i wasnt sure where to post, thats why i put in the thread for any mod to feel free to move it.

Originally Posted by nomasterase
pre = upstream from the converters or closest to the manifold post = down stream from where the converters would have been
yea i know what a pre and post o2 is, the question is for the wiring harness which is which. thanx for posting though.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i guess im not understanding what your question is. the harness assuming its still in the car will only reach the sensor it meant to be plugged into. maybe some additional info would help
Old 02-17-2013, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or you could plug them in at the rears and swap out the wires @ the PCM with no new connectors required.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:21 AM
10 Second Club

i got it figured out, thanx though. on either side both the pre and post O2s would reach the front.

Quick Reply: Not sure where to post, O2 sensor question