General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Year and a half from knowing absolutely nothing about LS1 to now.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Year and a half from knowing absolutely nothing about LS1 to now.

Well... it all started when i blew my motor in my drift car about 2 years ago. I started coming to this forum for help and answers to my questions about making a more reliable car.

First to the in car video.

After reading and research I have hit my currently goals for a somewhat reliable drift motor.

Currently im running a Magnuson MP112 supercharger on the 3.0 Pulley on a stock ls1 motor with the following mods.

Comp cam R lifers
Comp cam push rods
Katech rod bots
High flow oil pump
Patriot Gold Extreme springs
Medium street cam-- no specs. lol i dont know. something like .600 lift.

Stock head gasket and GM rod bolts.

Everything was put together, build and tuned by yours truly.

Im currently running the plug and plug AEM EMS ECU on a speed density tune on a GM 3 bar and iat sensor.

I have no idea what PSI the supercharger is making. i never checked. Just tuned for what the car wanted.

e85 on 1200CC injectors and a 1:1 FPR on a boost comp fuel map tune ( supra guys style)

When i tuned it on the 3.2 pulley i was making 450 TQ at 2200RPM and 475 at 2700 at the rear wheels.

I dont know the HP since the RPM pickup was melting on my headers and had some interference before i did the hp dyno run.

If tq is some where close to 450 across the board, i would be getting 500+ HP according to HP calculator at 6500rpm.

This bitch screems and is just fun fun fun Great low end torque. Super reliable. I put in water injection before the supercharger for ***** and giggles.

Otherwise. the motor has been doing pretty good. nothing crazy. no smoke.

Um.... pretty happy with it. Thanks u guys for the great info. Couldnt have dont it with out this forum .

Here is what it sounds like from the out side.

enjoy

Quick Reply: Year and a half from knowing absolutely nothing about LS1 to now.