General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Catted true duals w/ mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catted true duals w/ mufflers?

I'm eventually getting headers, and decided to go true duals since I think Y pipes sound like garbage. Only thing is, I live in a strict emissions county and they check for cats. I also want mufflers (not loud bullets) and tailpipes to exit in stock location so it doesn't just dump.

Is it possible to have longtubes, cats, x pipe, "real" mufflers exit at rear bumper without having major clearance issues? car is slightly lowered. I don't want to have a LOUD exhaust (car is a DD), just louder than stock with awesone tone and pretty loud when I smash the gas.

is this possible? I was thinking TSP tru duals but they just have bullets amd I would need to add piping to exit in the rear. wouldn't that still be loud? that's why I was thinking a full size muffler like borla Pro XS.

Would this be a good choice, then adding mufflers after?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/151106131274?nav=SEARCH

Last edited by KingJacobo; 03-04-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

If you have "very strict emissions" LT's may be a problem even with cats.
To answer your question though, kooks makes an over the axle TD kit with cats (may have to swap out the bullets to a muffler of your liking), and bassani makes a kit that connects to the factory manifolds/cats if I remember correctly.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not worried about the headers so much as the cats. after doing more research, I'm thinking of going with a quiter round muffler like a spiral flo.

the thing that scares me about kooks and bassani is the high price tag
Old 03-06-2014, 10:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Over the axle TD's definitely are not a budget setup. Maryland speed is supposed to have the best prices on the Kooks if you call them.

Quick Reply: Catted true duals w/ mufflers?