General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

difference between a OEM Dash Pad the 6LE Dash Cap

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default difference between a OEM Dash Pad the 6LE Dash Cap

So what is the real difference between the two? I saw the install and the dash cap looks just like the dash pad. IIRC the video I saw, the guy installed it over his existing and cracked dash pad.

What if your DP is too far gone? Can you use it without the DP?
Old 05-10-2014, 01:27 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can use it without. If you can get OEM definitely get OEM. OEM has clips that snap in, this just basically glues on. Not as nice IMHO since it doesn't snap in but it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb or anything, aka way better than those carpet dash pads...
Old 05-15-2014, 12:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dash pad was cracked into 1000 pieces and after i looked around and found that a new OEM pad was gonnna run $400+ i decided to get a dash pad cover from ebay for around $150. Pretty glad i did the dash pad looks pretty good and if i didn't tell you i doubt you would realize it wasn't factory. I watched this video:
which helped installing it. The only thing i would say negative was the cloth like "screen" over the center vent hole looked like crap so i removed it. Also once installed i put a sheet over it and placed bricks on top for 24hrs to hold it down flat and let the sealant dry.

Last edited by RSAXON1979; 05-15-2014 at 01:49 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone tried to plastic weld the original clips to the dash over lay, my OE dash is in zillion pieces. Want to do the overlay, just don't want a huge lip after install.

Quick Reply: difference between a OEM Dash Pad the 6LE Dash Cap