General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Need to verify True Vin Number

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need to verify True Vin Number

I have owned my 02 Trans am WS6 for about 8 months now. The car was in accident in its previous life in which the driver side door was replaced. So no rpo codes. I took the windshield vin number to the dealership. According to that VIN it is a WS6.

BUT the man I brought the car, parted out F-bodies and had alot of them. I just want to see another VIN, matching to the one on the windshield. For peace of mind. And plus if I sell the car, I can have the answers and proof. For questions like mine. I search many times but never could get a clear location. OR I just didn't use the right wording. If you don't want to put it out in the open, please pm me.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2014, 08:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Ask the dealer to put something in writing (with their letterhead) for you as 'proof'. Ask the dealer about hidden VINs as well. There are more than you think. The title will also 'prove' the VIN is accurate if it matches up properly. Unless the guy that sold the car to you is a felon, I seriously doubt he switched VINs on a 12 year old car. Even most criminals won't risk a felony for something with so little reward, plus it's too much effort to change, never mind the paperwork efforts needed to fool the DMV. Don't worry about it unless something is obviously wrong. This site may help you a bit too. http://www.transamworld.com/4genvins.php

Last edited by NC01TA; 07-28-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Need to verify True Vin Number