General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

CARFAX - Accident Reported...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 12:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default CARFAX - Accident Reported...

Alright I am looking at buying a car today and its exactly what we want, excellent condition (and I mean perfect paint to like new interior) but...

Carfax shows;

This shows only "Accident Reported"; nothing else. Even the fine print in the report states it should classify the type and extent of damage.

Now I cant imagine its too bad considering how the second owner had it for another 6 years.

Thoughts?
Old 08-18-2014, 12:48 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Originally Posted by nimrod.sixty9
Now I cant imagine its too bad considering how the second owner had it for another 6 years.

Thoughts?
I would agree. If the car was junk after this accident, and/or poorly repaired, I would expect that the owner would have dumped it as soon as possible and not held on for six more years.

I'd give the car a thorough inspection (which I'm sure you would anyway), and if nothing obvious can be found then I wouldn't worry about this.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I would agree. If the car was junk after this accident, and/or poorly repaired, I would expect that the owner would have dumped it as soon as possible and not held on for six more years.

I'd give the car a thorough inspection (which I'm sure you would anyway), and if nothing obvious can be found then I wouldn't worry about this.
Yes and thanks!

He just got back to me on it and it turns out I incorrectly assumed the owner would not had known the previous owner; apparently even lives just down the road.

Owner relayed the message, stating the correct year of 2006, that it was backed into while he was in a store. Broke passenger side tail and dented and scuffed the bumper. Had light replaced and dent removed and repainted bumper.

Going to get it
Old 08-19-2014, 06:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 449 Likes on 324 Posts

Nothing beats having the actual history of the car you are buying. Nice going!!

Quick Reply: CARFAX - Accident Reported...