General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Which way to go?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which way to go?

I recently picked up both an LQ4, and an LM7, so I'm trying to decide which one to put in what. I have a 65 short wide big window C-10, and a 66 Suburban. The truck is going to be the working twin to the show Suburban. So do I want the LQ4 with more torque for the worker, or the nostalgia of a "327" which is what both originally came with. I haven't even started tearing either of them down, the LM7 has 160k on it, and it has nothing wrong with it. The LQ4 has 180k on it, and it supposedly lost oil pressure but never started knocking, so I'm not sure what I'll find when I open it up. I've also been thinking about putting one of the engines in my 90 Suburban 4x4.

Pat
Old 01-03-2015, 09:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

welcome to swapping. you will get more response over conversion/ hybrid section. Sounds like you already have it figured out. Atleast in your builds you can do everything the same to each far as wiring/ fuel systems. S-10 blazer injected fuel tanks seem to be a popular use on your style truck. Wiring info can be found over LT1Swap.com. He programs pcm as well. Truck harness works well if your willing to put some time in not more money.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info, can one of the mods move this to the swap section for me? I don't want to be posting in sections where it doesn't belong. Can't wait to start digging in.

Pat
Old 01-06-2015, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just post over in the conversion/ hybrid section. several on there now.

Quick Reply: Which way to go?