General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Just drove the WS6 in fresh snow over a MT!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Just drove the WS6 in fresh snow over a MT!

I had to drive the TA home in 2 inches of fresh snow over a mountain road. WHAT A RIDE! The torsen worked and stayed locked, I spun all the way up and slid all the way down. NEVER AGAIN, I can't believe I got back here.

The NEXEN tires worked unbelievable in the snow. There isn't much thread depth to them and they are super wide but they worked! Dam I had so much adrenalin flowing while I was spinning coming up the mt I could have pushed it up If I had to.

Pickup truck behind me stayed back but I keep it moving Purdy good. Bet the dood is going to remember following me for a lonnnnng time. It was freakin wild!
Old 03-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Reminds me of the time I got caught in a heavy snowstorm heading up to Flagstaff AZ in a 68 GTO with bald rear tires. One of the most nerve wracking experiences I've ever had. Finally fell in behind a semi and drove in his tracks till I made it to town. Slid into the first motel parking lot I could find, checked in, bought myself a quart of beer, and tried to calm my jangled nerves.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had to drive my Z/28 in a few snow storms recently and the pucker factor is high but I've always made it home safe and sound. These cars do pretty well in the snow, even with all seasons on. To be fair, I'm from upstate NY and I know how to drive in this stuff.

Still, I don't care for snow at all and I'm moving to FL next year.

Quick Reply: Just drove the WS6 in fresh snow over a MT!