General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

a lot of little things wrong

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a lot of little things wrong

its been awhile since i have been on here. just got done putting a btr stage 3 cam and 799 heads on my car. i got it tuned but i do not think the guy got it right. i had a bad knock sensor with no codes until i get back home 2 hours away. so i went ahead and replaced both sensors and the harness. the car seems to be running a little lean but im not sure. he had it on a wide band and said it was around 14 at idle and 12.8 on WOT. the car feels sluggish like something is off. i went to track (1/8th mile) and the car didnt seem like it wanted to come off the line strong. i ran a 7.97 at 90 with a 1.9 60ft.

one problem i have is that it has an idle surge. it jumps about 200 rpm every couple of seconds and then comes back down. would that be in the tune, i think part of my problem is the cheap ebay throttle body.

another problem is it down shifts every time i hit the throttle. just trying to cruise at 45 mph it revs at 2300-2400 rpms. same at 30 mph. but going over 50 mph it doesnt do it. anyone have a clue what be going on? i replaced the tps hoping that would help but it didnt do anything.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone?

Quick Reply: a lot of little things wrong