General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Base 06 Vette Vs Custom Fastback Skye w/ls3 swap?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Base 06 Vette Vs Custom Fastback Skye w/ls3 swap?

Hey all this is pretty broad but I'm curious about your opinions. I've been looking at a vette for awhile for a daily to buy towards the end of the year. But this vehicle called a skye really caught my eye especially how cheap it is.

A company called norms fiberglass makes a full fastback hard top conversion but a bit pricey. And another company autowerkx makes a pretty drop in ls swap kit. Comes with ecu wiring mounts radiator tune all that.

For roughly a similar price I could have a base c6 vette or a ls3 hardtop sky.

Overall I think I like the vette more, more goodies better cargo more practical prestigious and out of the box fun..

However the skye is much more rare and I think a bit cooler looking Vs a base vette. Sure would be more fun with vette torque in a car that's 500lbs less and a nicer interior. But would be a project of course however the turbo ecotec is powerful enough to be fun for awhile.

In your opinion would you ever consider this skye vs the vette? Assuming it'd be a roughly 100k mile vette and similar price overall with more labor into the skye?

I submitted pictures of the skye with the custom hardtop.

Quick edit. I can get a c6 around 15-18k and a stock turbo skye would be 7k or less.

Last edited by CowsGoMooo; 08-02-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Can't remember the name of it but Pontiac had a version of it too. I've never heard of the fastback kits but those do look good. Only problem is with a V8 can the rest of the car handle it like a Corvette? I doubt it will handle as good.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

Depends I guess. The kappa chassis handled more tight and less slop than the base c6. Vette probably better equipped for higher speed cornering but I wouldn't really be tracking anyways.

Im still leaning towards a vette but the sky would be unique cool and probably hold value someday.

Quick Reply: Base 06 Vette Vs Custom Fastback Skye w/ls3 swap?