General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

what is l92

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what is l92

i must have slept a few days but what is L92 is it better than lsx .
Old 01-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Resident

The L92 is the new GM V8 thats going into the top of the line SUV's and trucks, I don't know much about it ether, I believe its 6.2L and I've heard it has amazing heads.

Hopefully someone who hasn't been living under a rock for the last 6 months can chime in...
Old 01-29-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteKnightZ28
The L92 is the new GM V8 thats going into the top of the line SUV's and trucks, I don't know much about it ether, I believe its 6.2L and I've heard it has amazing heads.

Hopefully someone who hasn't been living under a rock for the last 6 months can chime in...

My buddy was talking about that the other day, talking about putting one in his truck someday, '00ish sierra w/ nice paint
Old 01-29-2007, 11:01 PM
9 Second Club

6.0 o waits a lq9?
Old 01-29-2007, 11:47 PM
TECH Veteran

L92 is the new hi-po GM truck motor and the heads are the first to be CNC'd from the factory(so i hear) and flow better stock, than ported LS6 heads. They flow close to i think 315-320 cfm which is very nice, but you need a 4.00+ bore to run them. The heads and displacement are probably what make the motor so powerful, dont know the cam specs but GM doesnt usually doesnt go crazy in that department(reliabilty, and mileage purposes)

L92 heads with a L76 intake on the LS2 motor and bigger cubed motors are probably one of the most popular combo's people are running right now.

people are seing around a 40 rwhp diff just with the intake and heads on their motor, and the best thing about is that they are dirt cheap brand new..

I feel so outdated with my stock LS1 b/c i cant even run these heads

next motor im getting is the LS2!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

I looked into the L92/L76 parts as a possible upgrade for my LS1.

As Shiner wrote, the combo is really popular because the parts perform well (based on the LS7 engine) but are really cheap (mass produced for truck engines). However since my LS1 has a stock bore, I went a different direction.

Originally Posted by SHINER
L92 is the new hi-po GM truck motor and the heads are the first to be CNC'd from the factory(so i hear) and flow better stock, than ported LS6 heads. They flow close to i think 315-320 cfm which is very nice, but you need a 4.00+ bore to run them. The heads and displacement are probably what make the motor so powerful, dont know the cam specs but GM doesnt usually doesnt go crazy in that department(reliabilty, and mileage purposes)

L92 heads with a L76 intake on the LS2 motor and bigger cubed motors are probably one of the most popular combo's people are running right now.

people are seing around a 40 rwhp diff just with the intake and heads on their motor, and the best thing about is that they are dirt cheap brand new..

I feel so outdated with my stock LS1 b/c i cant even run these heads

next motor im getting is the LS2!

Quick Reply: what is l92