General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

98 TA value

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 98 TA -- deal or no deal?

Hello LS1Tech! I've been driving a '00 Firebird for the past 5 years, and decided it's time to upgrade to an LS1. I found an emaculate 1998 TA that really caught my eye. His asking price was $8600, and I made him an offer for $6700, which is the average high value from NADA and KBB. He came back and said he wanted at least $7500, so that's where I am now in the negotiation. The mileage is a tad high at 125k, but it's obvious he's taken very good care of it.

It has a new airbox lid, adjustable borla catback, y-pipe, and has new springs/shocks/struts that lowered it about an inch.

I'm curious about what you guys think of the price ($7500) if I can't get him any lower considering that I would mod another TA in pretty much the same way this one is already.

-Brad

Last edited by Cyrad2; 06-18-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's what I paid for my 1999 with about same mileage, the engines in these cars seem to never loose power. Try to get the best price possible, I sold my LT1 to buy an LS1, it took a while to get a hold of one, these cars are not easy to come across anymore, I had to make a 5 hour trip from home to go get my LS1 trans am. Mine had already pacesetter long tube headers, carbon fiber lid with a k&n air filter, ngk iridium plugs, full exhaust, it had pcm tuning, rebuily tranny, shift kit. I guess it was like love at first sight for me... I'll see if I can get some pics up. I'll say offer the guy $7000 in your hand so he can see all the bills, you may not get it for that..... but you might save a buck or two which at the end will turn into more mod money!!! Good luck with the car man.