General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

looking at a c5 but what to ask...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 01:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking at a c5 but what to ask...

I have a 99 c5 that a dealer is trying to sell me, at first I went to look at it because it looked real nice being wet and all but on further inspection it looked a bit worn, the door has a few chips on the edges the paint has a few scratches and the bumper has some rock chips and bug stains- interior is iffy looks a bit worn the seats have alot of *** time in them (or so It looks) now the milage is the plus only 40k miles on the block. They're asking 24k for it I told them no way are they going to get that out of me and I promptly left, gavem my phone# incase they wanted to lower the price. Today they call me up and say that if I were to come by again, test drive the car, and sit and chat #'s then they would work a deal I couldnt refuse. Personally I dont think this car is worth 20k but if they would take 5k as a downpayment I might take it because I would take another 4-5k to make it my own but if I could gettem down to 18k that would be awesome and It would be a deal but do any of you see 18k a impossibility for a 99 vette with 40k miles ?

thanks for any info guys
Old 06-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm......18K may be a tad too much - I'd say start at 19K and don't go more than 21K - hopefully you'll get it for 20K which is what I think the vette will go for. As per your description on the car's condition, the paint is an easy fix that won't break the bank, but the seats would either need to be reupholstered, buy seat covers or find replacement seats to swap.

Best of luck with the purchase.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:57 AM

Agreed. I would pay no more than $21-22k for it. The exterior wear and tear is typical and it is a '99 (8 yrs ago!...wow how time flies). The nice thing is that there is only 40k miles on it. That's awesome. Just be willing to walk away and not look back if the dealership doesn't move on price. Good luck!
Old 06-30-2007, 11:56 AM

Over 20k is too much. The wear and tear is normal for 8 year old car.

If you are seriously looking at a vette, take your time and look around the "for sale" sections here and corvetteforum.com. You will find on these resources people who take good care of their cars.

I know people who have gotten '03 for just over 20k$.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Launching!

thanks for the replies guys, im going to shoot 19k at him and see where it goes I also am going to go with payments on it so I can have a little money to play with, if i dont buy one of these vettes im sure more will pop up and I can save my money for one of them, win win situation for me