General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Exhaust tubing for TD's

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Exhaust tubing for TD's

Well I am not sure exactly where this goes but I am planning on getting some LT's and TD's in May and I dont know where to get cheap exhaust tubing. The only exhaust bender I have access to only goes up to 1 7/8" they pretty much only use it for roll cages, so basically I am gonna nee a bunch of bends and everything.

I am planning on going over the axle, what do you guys suggest?

Thanks, and sorry if this is the wrong section for this, I know there is a big section for TD's but its more of a where to get something rather than a how to...

Thanks again!

M
Old 04-16-2008, 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your options for tubing are to either order a bunch of mandrel bends from summit or jegs or if you have a local muffler shop with a mandrel bender, they'll probably have a box of "screwup" bends that they'll sell you cheap.......that's what I usually do. Our local shop sells them for 5 bucks per bend no matter how much pipe is attached to it.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is this exhaust shop that makes custom exhaust. I guess I wouldn't really call it a custom exhaust shop cause they aren't a shop, its more of a small factory that ships them to other people, they have a HUGE dumpster of stuff, I was thinking of going there today to see if they would let me get some for cheap. I guess I dont really know what to say other than the fact that im trying to make a custom exhaust.

I was looking on summit and they want like 25 bucks for just 1 over the axle pipe. I thought their straight pipe was pretty reasonable it was like 12 bucks for 4 feet of 2.5" pipe. I might just have to hit up a couple exhaust shops on the way home from class today
Old 04-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if I can post this but I plan to buy my bends from ebay... they have all kinds of bends in aluminium and stainless... cheaper than summit, which is were I was going to buy them in the first place...

stores.ebay.com/Mandrel-Bending-Solutions

Last edited by Drowned; 04-16-2008 at 11:03 AM.