General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Volant Air Dams... Your opinion.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Volant Air Dams... Your opinion.

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...0dadd586105550

Just wondering if anyone has this on their F-Body and if it's worth a damn... I've got a Granatelli lid right now and an SS hood.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks cool, but no experience with it... it woudl def not work on my car.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

i stick with my slp lids
Old 04-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Launching!

For your car, your current setup is probably best. I have the one for Trans Ams (dual cones) on my WS6. I love it. I also have the baffles knocked out of my ram air hood, so it is getting max airflow thru the openings. Your car gets more air from the front air dam underneath the front end, especially if you have the Free Ram Air mod done to the bottom tray. Hope this helps

jman
Old 04-17-2008, 04:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by j-man
For your car, your current setup is probably best. I have the one for Trans Ams (dual cones) on my WS6. I love it. I also have the baffles knocked out of my ram air hood, so it is getting max airflow thru the openings. Your car gets more air from the front air dam underneath the front end, especially if you have the Free Ram Air mod done to the bottom tray. Hope this helps

jman
can u send me a pic of ur hood with the baffles taken out....rtm80@msn.com i have an ultra-z hood with the volant and i was thinking of cutting out that part of my hood also
Old 04-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98MNBZ28
can u send me a pic of ur hood with the baffles taken out....rtm80@msn.com i have an ultra-z hood with the volant and i was thinking of cutting out that part of my hood also

I don't have a close up of it on my laptop (I drive a truck and out of town mon-fri)sorry about that. Not sure how the SS hood is set up, but on my WS6, all I had to do was drill out the rivets on the underside of the hood, give em a little tap and fish em out of the openings. There were 2 baffles in my hood. I have never inspected an SS ram air up close so I am not certain on what it involves.

jman
Old 04-17-2008, 04:12 PM
LS1Tech Editor

Honestly, for the WS6's I'd go with the new Fast Toys Ram Air setup specifically for the WS6 hood. For the SS, Camaro and TA/Firebird guys I'd go with either the Super Sucker Ram Air (or Austin Ram Air or whatever it's called now) or the standard Fast Toys Ram Air. All of the above have shown significant gains.

I have an '01 SS and I went with the Super Sucker. I love it!