General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Help buying a 99 Camaro ss

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 02:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help buying a 99 Camaro ss

Hi everybody,

Im pretty new to the forum but I have a general question for discussion.

I am looking at a 99 Camaro SS for sale in my area but I cannot decide whether it would be a good idea to purchase or not. The car only has about 45k miles on it and it is completely stock and un-modified. This Camaro was definitely never beaten on as evident by the overall excellent condition, this car might as well be new it is so nice. It has an LS1 and a t56 6 speed, t-tops, leather, and SS pkg. As far as I can tell, there are no leaks or noises indicating engine or transmission issues and the Carfax report checks out ok. The dealer is asking approx $15k for the car which seems fair given the condition and feature combination.

The BIG QUESTION, what does everyone think will happen to the value of the last gen Camaro's once the new '09 Camaro is released early next year? I really want to buy this 99 camaro (because I am too impatient to wait any longer for the '09) but I dont want to pay top dollar for it today for it to be worth half of that after the new Camaro is released. would you buy this car or wait for the '09?

Obviously this is impossible to predict, but I am just curious what some of you might think about it.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

talk him down to like 13 and buy it, i really dont think they will lose to much value
Old 05-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Launching!

I just sold my nearly perfect condition '98 SS with 43K miles for 13K. You can use that as a measure. Also, I don't think the '09 will effect the price of our cars that much because the f-body is an inexpensive way to go fast. The new camaro will be out of reach for a lot of people. Just my opinion.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Tough Mudder

I bought mine 2 years old with 19K miles for just a little more than that. It's not an SS though.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

I really don't think the production of the 09's will have any effect on the value of our cars whatsoever. It's a totally different car. I would think it would bring down the value of older Vette's before Camaro's. Our cars are in a totally different price range, and don't generally appeal to the same crowd. IMO.