General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

? PCV question ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? PCV question ?

this IS the pcv valve isnt it? if so does this mean its not replacable.. or do u have to pull the valve cover off to replace it?/ (if it is even replacable) also how can u test if its working?.. a while back i disconnected the hose from the TB and poured seafoam through it, which was a dumb move. reason i did that was cause i wanted to pour it through a vacuum line but the clip retainer for my brake booster hose was faced toward the firewall making it difficult to take off so i was looking for another vacuum line to pour it through and poured it through there, not realizing the way i poured it led to the crankcase. anyways now when i put my finger over the part that comes out of the valve cover i hear a whisteling sound. i also dont feel much vacuum from both sides. does this mean pcv valve is working or not? i THINK i may also have overheating problems. if i were to put a parometer to it what should the temperature be fully warmed? i dont trust my gauge. does you guyzes TB and MAF get extremely hot at times(not able to keep ur hand on it)?

Old 10-13-2008, 01:54 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no the pcv is that black circle right on the bottom of the base of the cables that lead to the throttle body
Old 10-13-2008, 02:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

werd. btw never do that with the seafoam again