General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

exhaust hangers

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default exhaust hangers

Hey all,

I asked this in the internal engine forum, but did not receive a single answer after a few days, so I'm trying it here. I currently have an '01 Z28 (M6) with jet-hot LTs and a custom true-duals setup, and I'm looking to go back to a Y pipe setup (TSP catted Y, magnaflow catback) while keeping the LTs on there. My current problem is that I got rid of all the stock hangers when I removed the stock exhaust.

My first question: I know that there are two hangers that attach to the tailpipes, and I believe there is another that attaches to the Y pipe, correct? Is there any other exhaust hangers in the stock setup?

Second question: I've been trying to find the y-pipe hanger used (in the parts wanted forum) but had no luck, so I wanted to search gmaprtsdirect.com. I looked up the part number in the sticky which is listed as 10284835 (for a manual transmission), but that number is not found on gmpartsdirect.com. Is this the correct number, or is there another one?

Thanks for any help!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Turo;11381364]
My first question: I know that there are two hangers that attach to the tailpipes, and I believe there is another that attaches to the Y pipe, correct? Is there any other exhaust hangers in the stock setup?
QUOTE]

I believe you're right there. However, I don't have a clue on the part #s. Call a dealer. They'll know best.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

There are three hangers. I have my factory hanger for the y pipe somewhere, i will check when i get home.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the help, guys!

hj99z, let me know if you still have it, thanks!