General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Idle RPM fluxuating

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Idle RPM fluxuating

Well I just went to start up my car and I get this.

I started it and then RPM was going up and down from about 400 to 1200. I dont have any codes at all and really no other problems.

I unplugged the MAF, IAC, and TPS sensors and then turned it off and restarted the car. The MAF is clean and has nothing stuck on it. It then idled perfectly and didnt have a single problem.

So what was the deal?
Old 04-11-2009, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

vacuum leak it seems. Make sure your intake and everything is on tight and check for any hole in the baffle between the maf and tb
Old 04-11-2009, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I pulled everything off in front of the TB and looked really close at everything and then put it back on and the problem went away. I guess Ill get under the hood again tomorrow with a can of starter fluid and see if I can find if there is a vacuum leak.

Also, the intake has never been off the car so I doubt its a leak there unless there is one at the back of it which would downright suck.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well got the battery checked yesterday and even though its an 8 month battery its gone. Its rated for 650 CCAs and it had 440 and couldnt even start my car.

Whats a good battery that will last me? Im tired of changing them. I know Optima is good but its pretty freaking pricey. Suggestions? Dont suggest Duralast as Ive been through 3 of them in the past 2 years on 2 different cars.