General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Intermittent Power when car is off

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent Power when car is off

Good morning,

I've read though many threads and I have a problem that I think is connected to the BCM. My trouble occurs when the car is off, and of course it's intermittant. After the car, '02 Camaro SS, is shut off and you leave the vehicle, the radio, check engine light, security light, and seat belt light & chime turn on. If I open the door they shut off. ALSO, the fuel pump will prime for about 2-3 seconds. Note, the car is off, in the garage, and key is in my hand. This will cycle every few minutes. Also I shut down the car one night and the dash lights stayed on, the gauges, bounced in time with the light chime, and this stayed on after the door was open and closed a few times. I disconnected the battery to stop the drain. Since then the bouncing gauges and dash lights have not appeared, but the Fuel pump and radio have turned on without notice. I know these are all on seperate circuits and, from what I see, the common denominator is the BCM. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank you in advance.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:02 PM

FYI, I found corrosion in the PCM's blue connector. Pins for the knock we bad, but 18-20 and 57-60 were real bad. Pin 20 "orange" [Battery] is broken right off. Haven't made the repair yet. Anyone know the P/N for the terminals or a pigtail?

Thank you.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Teching In

You should get in touch with user onebadazzls1ta because he is having a lot of electrical issues with his car as well. Compare notes.