General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

My windshield wipers have a mind of their own

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My windshield wipers have a mind of their own

When I drive during the day everything is fine. At night though when my headlights are on the try and come on than go right back down and seat. They'll just randomly do it on and off the whole time. The only thing that has changed is that I installed hid's high/low beams. Any ideas on what could be going on. Are the headlights and windshield wipers connected in anyway?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be willing to bet that they both go through the BCM so you might want to check that out.........don't know too much about electrical stuff.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this exact thing happen to me so hopeully I can shed some light on the subject. The factory wiring harness for the headlights is not that thick of a wire so I believe what happens is that the HID's interfere with the wipers and cause them to act up. What I did was ordered a relay harness for the low beams and fogs (I have HIDs for both) and then eventually my wiper motor just quit so I picked up a new one. My advice to you is to order some relay harnesses (p-m me if you want) and install them and see if that helps. If anything, the harnesses are a good idea and not much money at all. Let me know if this helps or p-m me with any questions you have.